I am sitting here in my Grandpa's office just getting ready for bed (it's late, I know) and I was contemplating time. Yes, time. What is time? I looked it up in Noah Webster's 1828 dictionary. Believe me, there are different meanings of the word time.
1. A particular portion or part of duration, whether past, present, or future
2. A proper time; a season
4. A space or measured portion of duration
5. Life or duration, in reference to occupation
6. Age; a part of duration distinct from other parts
7. Hour of travail
8. Repetition; repeated performance
9. Repetition; doubling; addition to a number itself
10. Measure of sounds in music
11. The state of things at a particular period
12. In grammar, tense. In time, in good reason
But not only did I want to give different meanings of time. I wanted to say that we often think of how much time we have, or, as I often think, how little time we have. I have been quite busy lately (as we all have been most likely) and thinking things like, "I don't have enoungh time!" Now I am just realizing how little time we have before we are gone and out of this life. It will come soon enough and we must be ready for it. We must do well with the time God has given us. God Bless.
my brain nook -
1 year ago